What We Do
CAHRO sponsors networking and training conferences for those working within the field of human relations, Civil Rights and Human Rights, youth issues, law enforcement issues, and local and state governance.
Technical Assistance and Consulation
CAHRO provides technical assistance and consultation in the field of human relations and intergroup conflict resolution for schools, human relations commissions, public governments, community groups, and law enforcement.
CAHRO provides technical assistance and consultation in the following areas:
- Hate violence prevention and response
- Creating a bias free school plan
- Human relations development and capacity building
- Writing grant proposals for human relations commissions
- Developing a human relations commission work plan
- Preventing and resolving community, school, or gang conflicts
- Community intergroup acessment for state and local governments
- Intergroup relations accessment for correctional institutions and school districts
- Police community relations
Technical assistance is provided to organizations working in the field of human relations and civil right issues.
CAHRO works to advance public policies in support of tolerance and understanding, hate violence prevention, intergroup relations, and human and civil rights for all.